Recipe by Rupesh Khandekar-Chef de Cuisine, Hotel Sahara Star
Bhogichi Bhaji Recipe is a Maharashtrian delicacy that involves simmering and cooking mixed vegetables in goda masala and peanut sesame powder. Has a rich and nutty flavour that pairs well with Takalaka Palak, hot Bhakri, and steamed rice topped with ghee.
(BHOGICHI BHAJI INGREDIENTS QTY)
HARBHARA (GREEN CHICKPEAS) 20 GMS
BER (INDIAN PLUM) 50 GMS
SMALL PURPLE BRINJAL 05 NOS
SUGARCANE 20 GMS
BROAD BEANS 80GMS
PAPDI 50 GMS
CORIANDER LEAVES 100GMS
GREEN CHILLES 5 NOS
WHITE SEASAME 30 GMS
PEANUTS 30 GMS
DESICATED COCONUT 80 GMS
OIL 50 ML
GINGER GARLIC PASTE 10 GMS
ONIONS 2 NOS
MUSTARD SEED 05 GMS
CUMIN SEED 05 GMS
TURMERIC 10 GMS
(TILACHI BHAKRI INGREDIENTS QTY)
BAJRA FLOUR 450GMS
SEASAME SEED 50GMS
SALT TO TASTE
LUKEWARM WATER AS REQUIRED
For Bhogichi Bhaji
1. To begin making Bhogichi Bhaji, wash and cut all vegetable in dice and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan roast sesame seed, peanut and desiccated coconut till light brownish color. Once cool make a dry paste.
3. Take coriander leaves and handful of green chilies make paste and keep aside.
4. In a pan put oil and temper it with mustard seed and cumin seed once crackle add in chopped onion.
5. Now add ginger garlic paste sauté till the raw aroma goes away.
6. Now add all the vegetable add turmeric and salt and cover it for 05 mins.
7. After that add grinded paste of coriander leaves and sauté for another 10 mins.
8. Now add grinded coarsely peanut and sesame, coconut powder. Cook for more 05mins.
9. Garnish it with sesame seed and serve hot!
For tilachi bhakri
1. In a bowl sift the bajra flour and salt.
2. Knead the dough with Luke warm water at a time, until it come together to form a dough.
3. Cover it with wet cloth and rest it for 10 mins
4. Heat the tawa over medium heat.
5. Divided the dough in small round portion and roll out a portion of the dough into round using hand.
6. Put the roti over the pre-heated skillet, sprinkle some sesame seed on the surface and press lightly.
7. Turn the roti and cook the other side for a few more second. Lift the roti with tong and roast over into direct flame till brown color appears.
Ready to eat!!!!!!
The post Lohri & Makarsankranti Recipe- Bhogichi bhaji ani Tilachi bhakri appeared first on OUR INDIA.